What you need to do before one of our electricians attent your property to do an electrical certificate:
- The engineer must have full access to the board; any obstructions must be removed prior to the test.
- Board location must be provided to the office prior to the test to ascertain whether the engineer needs ladders.
- PAYG meters must have enough credit in order for the engineer to conduct the test.
- Any damaged fixed fittings must be identified prior to the test; broken light switches, cracked sockets etc.
- All sensitive equipment must be unplugged prior to the test.
- It is imperative for the Fuse board to be marked up; all relevant circuits must be identified correctly in order for the engineer to carry out the inspection.
- If at any point the engineer believes the installation to be in an unsafe condition the test will be stopped and recommendations will be made to the customer for improvements which may be needed.
Why do you need one?
Once this is done and processed an ‘Electrical Installation Condition Report ‘ will be than issued electronically. It will declare if the electrical installation is safe or if any remedial work is required to ensure it meets current safety standards.